SoftWave Acoustic Wave Therapy
SoftWave acoustic wave therapy is an exciting, breakthrough treatment option in the field of regenerative medicine. It is an advanced, effective, and safe way to treat painful musculoskeletal conditions (heel pain, tendon pain, sports injuries, and more) without needles, anesthesia, medicine, or expensive hospitalization.
Tested rigorously in Europe over the last decade, SoftWave has made its way to the United States and is changing lives for the better. Our practice is proud to be one of the first in the nation to be able to offer this treatment option to our patients.
How Does SoftWave Therapy Work?
Essentially, SoftWave therapy works by “tricking” your body into thinking it’s been injured, which triggers the release of stem cells and “biological responders” to accelerate cellular healing mechanisms.
Under ordinary circumstances, when you suffer an injury, cell membranes are destroyed as the cells themselves become damaged or die. Small fragments of cellular RNA are ejected from the damaged cells into the surrounding area. When healthy cells nearby detect this influx of RNA, they activate natural healing mechanisms—boosted immune response, increased blood flow, migration of stem cells, etc.
SoftWave therapy, however, is able to trigger the release of cellular RNA from inflamed, painful tissues without damaging them. Instead of cracking the cellular membranes open, the tensile forces produced by SoftWaves simply make them temporarily permeable while keeping them intact. That way, RNA can get out and “call for help” without its host cell needing to die first.
Is This Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave Therapy is a generic term applied to many types of devices. There are two general categories: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) and the far more limited radial “shock wave” devices. SoftWave is a patented breakthrough evolution of ESWT representing a significant advancement in treatment technology over other devices described as “shockwave” therapy.
Major improvements over other shockwave technologies:
- Non-traumatic. Traditional shockwave therapy devices must damage your cells physically (microtrauma) to achieve the regenerative effect. SoftWave works completely non-traumatically by making cell membranes temporarily permeable.
- Fewer treatments needed. SoftWave ESWT uses unfocused extracorporeal shock waves, rather than the focused waves of other ESWT devices or the shallow waves of radial devices that are not true ESWT. This allows the device to have a much larger physical field with the added safety of lower intensity. Instead of six or more treatments, you might only need two or three.
What Results Can I Expect?
Dr. Molan can personally vouch for SoftWave therapy—he’s used it himself! Just two treatments completely fixed a frozen shoulder that could barely move. Only three treatments were enough to eliminate a bad case of tennis elbow that had lasted for years.
We’ve seen similar results for virtually every patient who has used the device. In just a few sessions, they’re able to achieve substantial pain relief and healing from chronic pain, recent injuries, or recent surgeries. Results are both immediate and long-lasting. In fact, SoftWave is often effective as an alternative to surgery, achieving full healing when all other conservative treatments have failed.
SoftWave therapy has shown to increase blood vessel coverage in injured areas by up to 400%, with a corresponding permanent increase in blood supply. Pain and swelling are eased substantially, and the immune system can deal with infections much more quickly.
Benefits of SoftWave Therapy
Since acquiring SoftWave in late 2017, we use have used this therapy in our office extensively. Benefits to our patients include the following:
- It is completely non-invasive and requires no needles or anesthesia.
- Treatment is painless and does not cause any trauma to the body.
- There are no known side effects or downtime. You can walk right out the door after treatment.
- You don’t need to set foot in a hospital or deal with any of the associated delays, expenses, and frustration associated with inpatient care.
- It can resolve most soft tissue injuries and pain in just a few sessions, as well as dramatically reduce recovery time after surgery.
- It works quickly, and the results are long lasting.
If you’re suffering from acute or chronic pain related to a foot or ankle injury, SoftWave therapy may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Call our offices in Myers Park (704) 334-8682 or South Charlotte (704) 542-8253 today to book your appointment or learn more.