While the holidays may be over, the left-over stress may be keeping your feet painfully swollen. Swollen feet might seem like a typical issue, but there are some underlying conditions that are indicated by chronic excess fluid in the feet.
- Kidney Failure
- Congestive Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- Cirrhosis of the liver
However, if your feet are just swollen from a day of mall walking, here are some great tips to reduce that swelling.
- Sit down, relax, and raise your feet above your heart to reduce swelling
- Ice and massage your feet by rolling a frozen water bottle under the arches for 15 minutes for each foot.
- Adjust your diet to include plenty of fruits and veggies and reduce the amount of salt you eat.
- Give your feet a massage to increase the blood flow and push out the excess fluid accumulated in your feet.
- Exercising daily increases your blood circulation and in turn reduces the amount of swelling in your feet.
If your feet are chronically swollen, please contact us to make an appointment!